No products in the cart.
Sale of contact lenses online
The sale of contact lenses online is a unsafe practice and is against the guidelines set by the local authorities.
For more information, read this
Online sale of prescription glasses
a) The prescription for online sale of spectacles shall be restricted to the following:
- Consumers aged 16 years old and above without any organic eye disease or systematic medical condition that will affect vision; and
- Spectacle for single vision use, with power up to +6.00-6.00/-2.00DC (i.e no prism, curve lenses, progressive lenses, bifocal lenses or free-form single vision lens).
b) The prescription for online sale of spectacles shall contain the following information in order to be considered a valid prescription:
- Details of consumer including full name, date-of-birth and unique identification number (e.g. NRIC number)
- Date of eye examinations done
- Issue date and expiration date of the prescription (not more than 2 years)
- Name, work and/or contact address and contact number of the prescriber;
- Refractive error of the consumer (indicate spherical and cylindrical readings)
- Inter-pupilary distance reading
- Back vertex distance (if applicable)
- Material/design of spectacle frame (if applicable)
- Written assessment that the consumer does not have any existing organic eye disease or systemic medical condition that will affect vision
- Statement of advice acknowledged by the consumer to undergo eye checks if the spectacles causes discomfort